Caddying is back!After 2 years of limited opportunities due to COVID, we anticipate caddying to be fully available in 2022 at several local clubs, including Seattle Golf Club, Inglewood Golf Club, Glendale Country Club, and maybe more. If you are interested in getting involved, please add your name to the email list below and contact us with any specific questions ([email protected]).
Congratulations to Thomas Hwang, 2020 Evans Scholar. First Tee Ace member and caddie at Glendale CC since 2017, Thomas has earned a full tuition scholarship to the University of Washington, class of 2024. Way to go, Thomas!
Where to Caddie in the Seattle area?
- Foster Golf Links (Tukwila)
- Glendale Country Club (Bellevue)
- Inglewood Golf Club (Kenmore)
- Meridian Valley Country Club (Kent)
- Seattle Golf Club (Shoreline)
Why become a Caddie?
- You enjoy the game of golf, and want to learn more about it.
- The benefits include playing privileges at a private club.
- You are looking for part-time work and a way to make income during the spring and summer months.
- College is expensive, and you would like to seek a full college tuition through the Evans Scholarship program!
Who is eligible to Caddie?
- Responsible, young adults age 14+. Minimum age can vary by facility.
- Some knowledge about, appreciation for, and interest in the game of golf.
- Physically capable of carrying a golf bag for 18 holes.
- Must have reliable transportation to the golf course.
- Attend training or orientation at your home facility.
How to Prepare
- Download the 2020 SGC Caddie Manual
- WGA Caddie Training Manual and other materials, which available for free as a download or you can purchase hard copies for delivery.
- Attend an orientation where you plan to caddie
2020 Orientation & Training ScheduleYou must attend at least one caddie training. For new caddies, we recommend two, including at least one at your home location (feel free to attend one at another location as well, even if you don't plan to caddie there).
2022 schedule to be posted prior to the caddying season.
Review the schedule below for an example.
|Day||Date||Location||Start Time||End Time|
|Sat||21-Mar|| Inglewood Golf Club
||1:00 PM||3:00 PM|
|Wed||8-Apr|| Glendale Country Club
||4:30 PM||6:30 PM|
|Tue||18-Apr|| Inglewood Golf Club
||1:00 PM||3:00 PM|
|Tue||21-Apr||Foster Golf Links||4:30 PM||6:30 PM|
|Tue||12-May||Foster Golf Links||4:30 PM||6:30 PM|
|Wed||13-May||Glendale Country Club||4:30 PM||6:30 PM|
|Seattle Golf Club|
|Select one group and attend all three sessions to be eligible.|
|Tue||Apr 28||Seattle Golf Club||4:00||6:00 PM|
|Wed||Apr 29||Seattle Golf Club||4:00||6:00 PM|
|Sun*||May 3||Seattle Golf Club||8:00||9:00 AM|
|Tue||May 4||Seattle Golf Club||4:00||6:00 PM|
|Wed||May 6||Seattle Golf Club||4:00||6:00 PM|
|Sun*||May 9||Seattle Golf Club||8:00||9:00 AM|
|Tue||May 11||Seattle Golf Club||4:00||6:00 PM|
|Wed||May 14||Seattle Golf Club||4:00||6:00 PM|
|Sun*||May 17||Seattle Golf Club||8:00||9:00 AM|