Would you like to play in 2024?
Submit the following form to join our list! This does not guarantee placement, but does help us determine the size and structure of our league. Please review the guidelines below to see if you qualify. And even if you don’t, we still invite you to submit the form so we can keep you updated on opportunities to play.
Who is eligible for PGA Jr. League Golf?
- Active member of First Tee – Greater Seattle
- PAR level or above (from previous 2022 level model).
- Have participated at least one full season in the past 12 months, and enrolled in spring and/or summer session 2023.
- Capable and comfortable playing 9 holes without assistance from an adult, including managing equipment & scoring.
What is PGA Jr. League Golf?
Each team is broken down into two-person pairs (or three if a substitute is included) who play together in games.
All PGA Jr. League games are played in a two-person scramble format. This means that both players in a pair hit drives. The best shot is selected, then each player plays from the selected spot, and this process continues until the ball is holed.
The scramble format is key in allowing everyone to hit shots and contribute to the team. PGA Jr. League utilizes match play scoring, which focuses on performance vs. a score-to-par as is traditional with golf.
Within a PGA Jr. League game, pairs play in a head-to-head, 9-hole match. Each match is broken into three flags. Each flag is three holes in a row, and each team has the opportunity to earn points at the end of each flag.
New and Notes:
- We will host two leagues this year:
- 13U – for players age 9-13
- 17U – for players age 14-17
- Team sponsorships are available for just $500. Do you know a company that would like to sponsor or co-sponsor a team? Those additional funds help support the team and those on scholarships. Company logos are embroidered on the jersey, and sponsor signs are presented at home games.
If you are interested in sponsoring a team, please note that in your pre-registration form above, or contact Evan Johnsen, Director of Programs and Development at [email protected].
- Membership fees for PGA JLG are in addition to your chapter (spring/summer) enrollment.
- As with our regular membership, please choose the fee that best suits your financial situation.
- National average for PGA JLG entry fee is approximately $250 per player, so our goal is to remain as affordable as possible while still covering our costs.
- Fees for PGA JLG include: $99 league fee to PGA (mandatory), greens fees & range balls for each practice and game, staff and instructor wages, snacks, awards, etc.
|$225||Sponsor – support another player!|
- Most events take place on Sunday evenings.
|March 17||Pre-Registration Deadline||Online|
|April 1-14||Player Registration||Online|
|June 4||Orientation Night||Jefferson Park GC|
|June 11||Practice #1||Regional|
|June 18||Game #1||Regional|
|June 25||Game #2||Regional|
|July 9||Game #3||Regional|
|July 16||Game #4||Regional|
|July 23||Game #5||Regional|
|July 30||Game #6||Regional|
|Aug 6||Game #7||Regional|
|Aug 13||Finale Jamboree||Central Location|
PGA JLG Membership includes:
- (1-2) Team practices.
- (6) weekly games.
- (2) Team jerseys, hat, and bag tag.
- Opportunity to play a variety of local regulation-length golf courses.
- For those selected to the all-star team, a chance to compete in post-season play (nat’l championship in Phoenix, AZ).
PGA JLG Competition Details:
- Teams of 10-12 match up in 2 vs. 2 “scramble” format for 9 holes.
- What is “Scramble” format? 2 players hit shots from the same location, select the better shot, and both play the next from that position, and continue until the ball is in the hole.
- Some groups will have 3 players from each team, in which case players alternate in and out, each playing 6 of the 9 holes.
- Matches held Sunday evenings at approximately 5:30pm.
- Teams represent First Tee program locations, as well as other local golf courses and country clubs.