PGA Junior League Golf
Would you like to play in 2023?
Submit the following form to join our list! This does not guarantee placement, but does help us determine the size and structure of our league, and what your placement would look like. Please review the guidelines below to see if you qualify. And even if you don’t, we still invite you to submit the form so we can keep you updated on opportunities to play.
Who is eligible for PGA Jr. League Golf?
- Active member of First Tee – Greater Seattle
- PAR level or above (age 9, have graduated the PLAYer level)
- Have participated at least one full season in the past 12 months
- Capable and comfortable playing 9 holes without assistance from an adult, including managing equipment & scoring.
What is PGA Jr. League Golf?
New and Notes:
- We will host two leagues this year:
- 13U – for players age 7-13
- 17U – for players age 14-17
- Team sponsorships are available for just $500. Do you know a company that would like to sponsor or co-sponsor a team? Those additional funds help support the team and those on scholarships. Company logos are embroidered on the jersey, and sponsor signs are presented at home games.
If you are interested in sponsoring a team, please note that in your pre-registration form above, or contact Evan Johnsen, Director of Programs and Development at [email protected].
- Membership fees for PGA JLG are in addition to your chapter (spring/summer) enrollment.
- As with our regular membership, please choose the fee that best suits your financial situation.
- National average for PGA JLG entry fee is approximately $250 per player, so our goal is to remain as affordable as possible while still covering our costs.
- Fees for PGA JLG include: $75 league fee to PGA (mandatory), greens fees & range balls for each practice and game, staff and instructor wages, snacks, awards, etc.
|$225||Sponsor – support another player!|
- Most events take place on Sunday evenings.
- Orientations designed for new members and those involved as volunteers and coaches, but everyone is welcome.
- Our schedule is subject to change based on the reopening of our counties.
We will continue to move the start of the season based on
|April 15||Player Registration||Deadline May 1|
|Late May||Orientation||Video Conference|
|June 5||Practice #1||Regional|
|June 12||Practice #2||Regional|
|June 19||Game #1||Regional|
|June 26||Game #2||Regional|
|July 10||Game #3||Regional|
|July 17||Game #4||Regional|
|July 24||Game #5||Regional|
|July 31||Game #6||Regional|
|Aug 7||Game #7||Regional|
|Aug 14||Finale Jamboree||Central Location|
PGA JLG Membership includes:
- (1-2) Team practices.
- (6) weekly games.
- (2) Team jerseys, hat, and bag tag.
- Opportunity to play a variety of local regulation-length golf courses.
- For those selected to the all-star team, a chance to compete in post-season play (nat’l championship in Phoenix, AZ).
PGA JLG Competition Details:
- Teams of 10-12 match up in 2 vs. 2 “scramble” format for 9 holes.
- What is “Scramble” format? 2 players hit shots from the same location, select the better shot, and both play the next from that position, and continue until the ball is in the hole.
- Some groups will have 3 players from each team, in which case players alternate in and out, each playing 6 of the 9 holes.
- Matches held Sunday evenings at approximately 5:30pm.
- Teams represent First Tee program locations, as well as other local golf courses and country clubs.